The LG Wing finally gets Android 13 update 2023
Remember the distinctive LG Wing? We certainly do. It is an extremely intriguing device that was released in 2020, near the conclusion of the company’s involvement in the smartphone market.
It was the first and unfortunately only device in the new “Explorer” series, which LG intended to use as a last-ditch effort to revitalize its mobile business by experimenting with bold new concepts. Unfortunately, we all know how that turned out, which only makes the LG Wing that much more intriguing.
The LG Wing is getting an Android 13 upgrade at long last.
An Android 13 OTA update has begun seeding for the phone in its native Korean market and will soon extend abroad.
In addition to the upgrade to Android 13, the update packet includes the following modifications, according to LG’s Korean changelog:
- On the lock screen, shortcut indicators for device controls can be displayed.
- Added preview, sharing, and text modification capabilities for images and text that have been copied.
- In the status notification window, you can view running applications and terminate them.
- The function of multiple windows has been simplified.
- The status notification window now displays music and video controllers with enhanced functionality.
- Added an app-specific permission setting for notifications.
LG promised three major improvements for certain models in 2019 and 2020.
This is presumably the final major update for the LG Wing, which was initially released with Android 10. LG promised three significant updates for select models in 2019 and 2020, including the LG Velvet and LG V60, which have already received Android 13 over the air. The same list contains The Wing.
If you don’t recall the LG Wing or are just learning of its existence, we encourage you to revisit our comprehensive review of this now-iconic smartphone. With its secondary rectangular screen and swiveling primary display, the Wing’s multitasking capabilities were unparalleled. In addition, it provided excellent video capture with sophisticated gimbal functionality.